Lenovo G505s BIOS Update

vereczkibalint

Estimable
Jul 23, 2015
Hello everyone!
I have really big issues with my Lenovo G505s laptop.
(A8-4500M, 4GB ram, 7640G+8570M, windows 7 professional)
I have around 20-25 FPS in every game when my charger is plugged in.
When I plug it out, I get around 80-90 FPS boost.
I did research in a lot of forum, and for some people helped that they updated the BIOS.

I searched for BIOS update,I found it(v3.0), but for Windows 8 & 8.1.
Is it compatible with Windows 7?
Can I make any damage in my laptop if I install that?

Please HELP! :(

Solution
Hi,

Yes it could damage your laptop and might end up not booting up when a wrong BIOS update is applied. You'll need to get the BIOS update from Lenovo support site if there is. But first, download and install the latest graphics card driver that might resolve that issue before you update the BIOS.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver same goes in Programs and Feature anything that's related to your graphics card.
- Download and install the latest graphics card driver from the manufacturers website either NVIDIA or AMD
- Once install reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.

Hope this will help.
Hi,

Yes it could damage your laptop and might end up not booting up when a wrong BIOS update is applied. You'll need to get the BIOS update from Lenovo support site if there is. But first, download and install the latest graphics card driver that might resolve that issue before you update the BIOS.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver same goes in Programs and Feature anything that's related to your graphics card.
- Download and install the latest graphics card driver from the manufacturers website either NVIDIA or AMD
- Once install reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.

Hope this will help.

Solution