Lenovo G505s restarts many times

Gergo Petes

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015
Hi! I bought a Lenovo G505s with 12Gb RAM almost a year ago. In the last 6 months it just restarted without a warning or anything, and after the restart there's no warning message. I'm not sure the temperature is the problem, because I can play Battlefield 3/Skyrim/Watch Dogs/etc. for hours without a problem, but after 20minutes of watching youtube it restart.
I made a monitoring with CPUID, the only strange thing i found is this:
e0DeuFb.png

(This was made just a minute after a restarting). The CPU temperature jumps up many times by 10-12°C in less than a second, and after that starts going down. Maybe my sensors are bad, or what? I have no idea and this annoys me... I don't have warranty, so i can do homemade fixings if neccessary. (Yes, I cleaned the fans and everything) Thanks for your help! <3

Solution

armapker

Distinguished
May 19, 2012
Hi there, it definatley seems like your sensors are damaged. I have never seen CPU temps jump around like that in a matter of seconds. Let me ask you:

1) Have you tried using a different software monitor to monitor your temps? If so, are all of them showing these bizzare temps?
2) Is your computer BSODing or simply cold booting?

And lastly, I am having a bit of trouble reading the graph. Is the red (labeled "UC") utilization of the CPU? or vise versa?

Gergo Petes

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015

Thanks, I'll try another program.
The red is the CPU usage and the gray is the temperature. Sorry, i'm not a comp genius, what BSOD and "cold booting" is? :) Today it restarted 2 times, both times watching youtube videos.. But before that i was playing games for hours without any problem. I have a cooling pad under my laptop, i"m not sure it's effective, but better than nothing.

armapker

Distinguished
May 19, 2012

A BSOD looks like this:

tRPRG.jpg

A cold boot is where your computer completely and immediatley powers off with no error message.

Gergo Petes

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015

No, no error message, no blue death, nothing just a restart... everything goes dark and after a few seconds a LENOVO appears and starts to reboot, after the boot, there's no error message, nothing just like a normal boot process.

armapker

Distinguished
May 19, 2012

It seems weird that it only happens when you watch youtube videos. Maybe it is a power supply issue. Try running the laptop just off of battery power, as well as unplugging the battery and just running off of AC power and see what that does.

Solution

Gergo Petes

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015

Sorry, I accidentally clicked on the "Solution" button, but I tried this and still got the problem with/without battery.