Lenovo G570 ATI driver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

matej203

Estimable
Oct 19, 2015
I have laptop Lenovo G570. It has switchable graphics: Intel HD Graphics and Radeon HD 6370M series. There is no problem with installing Intel HD drivers but when i try installing AMD driver i get error: ('Catalyst install manager stopped working'). First I tried with Windows 8.1 and drivers from Lenovo support page. I got that error.. I googled it and tried EVERY POSSIBLE solution from google search page 1 and 2. Then I tried same thing with Windows 7, and now I'm trying with Windows 10 and I still can't do it. So this is current situation:

- Graphic mode in BIOS is set to and also with 'Switchable graphics'

- Amd autodetect detects 'Ati Radeon HD 6xxxM' and download driver but same error.

- In device manager I have 2 display adapters: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family and Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. In properties of Microsoft Basic Display Adapter is: "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

- I tried removing all gpu drivers (ati and intell) with ddm in safe mode and then cleaning registry with ccleaner

- Power managment mode is set to High performance

- dxdiag shows only intel hd graphics

- I tried with drivers from lenovo and amd official page in all possible combinations of installing

- I tried installing drivers with leshcatlabs software

So please help me and thank you!

Hi,

Please do try the following troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving the issue. (Some steps may have been done already)
- First go to BIOS and reset it to default. Press F9 to reset to default then reboot the laptop.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall your AMD graphics card
- Do the same thing in Programs and Features, uninstall anything related to AMD graphics
- Download and install the AMD driver from it's support site.
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.

Gerdih

Estimable
Nov 9, 2015
My G570 is doing the same from two weeks ago. Took it to the techincian, fixed corrupted files but I lost the hability to choose GPUs. Tried to solve it for myself, the BSOD is back as soon as the computer tries to run Radeon HD 6370M series. I have been 3 days in front of the PC non-stop trying to solve this problem. I even manipulated atikmpag.sys files. Nothing seems to work. I am trying now to just turn off Intel GPU and force the laptop to run on AMD always. I would like to hear some ideas as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.