Lenovo ideapad 206: power loss

JohnRoberts

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
My laptop lenovo ideapad s206 is shutting off when:

a.) Before/After booting
- it shuts down immediately without warning
b.) When power plug is pulled off
- it shuts down 1 second after I pulling the power plug. I tried to use it with battery disconnected and it still shuts down.

> The fan is not clogged, but I still cleaned it. I also replaced the TIM. I already did the 20 sec hard boot. Put out and in the RAM.

> It got BSOD so I reset it but failed, but when I boot its empty, so I installed Ubuntu 14.

> It manage to stay in BIOS for 1 hour(it could probably go more), and the bottom got quite hot but it didn't shutdown. It also manage to do a memory test and no errors found.

Solution
Staying on while in BIOS only isn't really a test, as it is quite common if the issue is overheating. BIOS would cause a lot less than running anything else.

It sounds like you need to see what temps it is hitting (if you can get it to stay on long enough to test). Otherwise, you may need to replace at minimum the thermal paste for the fan, if not the fan itself.
Staying on while in BIOS only isn't really a test, as it is quite common if the issue is overheating. BIOS would cause a lot less than running anything else.

It sounds like you need to see what temps it is hitting (if you can get it to stay on long enough to test). Otherwise, you may need to replace at minimum the thermal paste for the fan, if not the fan itself.

Solution