Lenovo IdeaPad 320s suddenly shut down and wont turn on again

Janardana

Commendable
May 6, 2016
I came back from school today and I set up my laptop on my desk as usual. I plugged in everything I usually would as well like an external hard drive, the power cable, an hdmi cable to an external monitor, and a USB-C dongle that connects my keyboard, mouse and headset together. After I plugged in everything, the computer suddenly made a small click noise and would abruptly shut down. I've tried pressing the power button several times, I tried pressing the NOVO button aswell. What could be wrong with my laptop? Should I bring it to the lenovo center?

stevenjemint

Proper
Aug 13, 2018
The click could have been a Power Supply protection, maybe one of the things you plugged in shorted the system.

Try this -

Remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.

Janardana

Commendable
May 6, 2016

Thanks for the reply!
Unfortunately I can't follow this suggestion as the battery is built in and can't be taken off. Do you have any other ideas?

Janardana

Commendable
May 6, 2016

Thank you for the reply!
I have tried holding the power button down for 20 seconds but all it does is the power button lights up for about a minute before turning off again. Does this mean that the laptop is not dead and is still recoverable?

Phillip Corcoran

Splendid
The laptop is almost certainly repairable, the only unknown is how much the repair is going to cost (what's broken, what needs repairing, and labour charges involved). Myself I would take it to a repair shop and ask them for an estimate before going any further.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 0
L Laptop Tech Support 8
eslam0stafa23 Laptop Tech Support 1
GISdude Laptop Tech Support 4
Ruve Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
navidelip Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 5
T Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 6