Solved! Lenovo Ideapad 330 - 14IGM is it a good computer?

Dec 5, 2018
Hi guys! I'm not very familiar with PC's, as I've always been a Mac user, so I'm a little lost here and I could use some help. I recently bought a Lenovo Ideapad 330-14IGM (8GB RAM + 1TB HDD + intel Pentium Silver processor), I work as a Database Developer and this computer is mostly for DB testing and some personal use, for which I'm not in need of great specs. Nonetheless I've come to wonder if I made a smart choice by going with this specific laptop. As of now my main concern is with the processor, I'm actually wondering if it can be upgraded (and if so, if it'd be a good idea) to a more powerful one, perhaps something withing the Intel Core family or maybe just to a Pentium Gold ( though I'm not sure that would make any noticeable difference).

To summarize:
Is this computer a good one?
Is it upgradable? And if so, is it actually worth upgrading it?

Thanks!

Solution
The processor is soldered onto the board, so no, it can't be upgraded. You might need to pass on the sort of apps you tax the laptop/notebook with. Outside of that IMHO for what you're doing with the unit, you're good.

Lutfij

Splendid
The processor is soldered onto the board, so no, it can't be upgraded. You might need to pass on the sort of apps you tax the laptop/notebook with. Outside of that IMHO for what you're doing with the unit, you're good.

Solution
Two things, is it working for you with what you are doing without being annoyingly slow? Second thing, ask first buy later. Other way around is too late since you already have it. You can swap out the standard hard drive for a solid state, that will make the system feel a lot faster.