Solved! Lenovo ideapad 5 14iil05 display flickering at startup

Jan 23, 2021
I just bought a new lenovo 5 14iil05 laptop, I installed windows 10 and the latest drivers:
-Latest intel gpu driver as per lenovo support page
-Latest chip driver as per lenovo support page
-Latest bios update as per lenovo support page
Every time it boots up ( whether I press on the button or not ), the display lights up 3 or 4 times before the lenovo logo shows up, after that it's normal.
I recorded the problem here.
I followed up this tutorial on the official lenovo support page and other ones from random youtube/blogs but couldn't solve it.
Does anyone know what is the problem/ how to fix it?
Thanks

Solution
Perhaps that is normal operation. Watching your video, the bootup happens fairly quickly. If there are no other issues, I wouldn't be concerned. Various tests are done during startup and perhaps that is what you are seeing. In some BIOS's, there is an setting for "quick startup" that skips some of the startup tests. See if your BIOS has that setting and try to change it.
Perhaps that is normal operation. Watching your video, the bootup happens fairly quickly. If there are no other issues, I wouldn't be concerned. Various tests are done during startup and perhaps that is what you are seeing. In some BIOS's, there is an setting for "quick startup" that skips some of the startup tests. See if your BIOS has that setting and try to change it.

Solution