Lenovo ideapad y700 slow

CHD00

Commendable
May 9, 2016
i bought the lenovo y700 in the start of this year and since then its running very slowly and takes long time to do basic stuff. At first i thought that it was the defalt lenovo programs that were slowing it but no results after disabling them.
its set to high performace and i change some boot settings to speed things up (disabling animations) and it sills takes more than 2 min to boot.

Specs: i7-6700HQ 2.6ghz (10~20% usage doing nothing Service host and anti maware takes most of that)
8gb ram (it uses 25 ~ 30% with no aplications opened other then needed ones)
Windows 10 home 64bit
gtx 960m
intel HD graphics 530
HDD 1tb

Solution
This laptop has good configuration and with fast boot enabled in BIOS it should take less than 30 secs to boot in to windows and be ready to be used.
To find out what is slowing down the start I would recommend to go to System Configuration (Widnows key+R and type msconfig=> enter) and choose Selective start up and tick the "Load system services". Then go to Services and tick the "Hide all Microsoft services" and choose disable all. Make sure that all start up items are unticked in Startup tab and click ok and restart the laptop.
You can then enable services and/or startup items in bunches and check what causes the laptop to start and run so slow.

Fira PT04

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
This laptop has good configuration and with fast boot enabled in BIOS it should take less than 30 secs to boot in to windows and be ready to be used.
To find out what is slowing down the start I would recommend to go to System Configuration (Widnows key+R and type msconfig=> enter) and choose Selective start up and tick the "Load system services". Then go to Services and tick the "Hide all Microsoft services" and choose disable all. Make sure that all start up items are unticked in Startup tab and click ok and restart the laptop.
You can then enable services and/or startup items in bunches and check what causes the laptop to start and run so slow.

Solution

CHD00

Commendable
May 9, 2016

fast boot was enabled by default after disabling everything the laptop is performing a little better i will search for what was the problem. but it seens like the disk is very slow. results for crystaldiskmark (no screenshot because i am on the desktop). Boot time now: 47- 4 sec to put the password so 43

Seq Q32T1: Read:84 Write:83
4K Q32T1: Read:0.5 Write:1
Seq: Read:81 Write83
4k: Read:0.2 Write:0.9