Question Lenovo keyboard troubleshoot

Jan 10, 2020
Hello! I have Lenovo Ideapad 330 laptop and got it for more than a year now, it works perfect and just as good as it should be, around 2/3 months ago I started having this super annoying problem and that some of the keys in my keyboard (few letters and one number) hardly respond and I have to press hard and a lot before I finally get it on the screen, I was too busy to bring it to the repair store so I JUST realized that this problem doesn't exist no more when my laptop is connected to the charger!!!! (what?)
Can someone help me? why is this? and how to fix this? now that I'm sure it's not a hardware problem I won't bring it anywhere to fix.

Try the following and see if it helps resolve the problem.

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
  2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
  3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

Should this not do it then I suggest you try uninstalling and then reinstalling the battery driver from "Device Manager".

Reactions: vrijmax
Jan 10, 2020
Try the following and see if it helps resolve the problem.

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
  2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
  3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.
Should this not do it then I suggest you try uninstalling and then reinstalling the battery driver from "Device Manager".

Okay I tried the first one but it didn't help, about the second I found 2 battery drivers, Microsoft AC Adapter and a Microsoft ACPI
Which one should I remove? and will they get reinstalled after reboot?

If you are worried they won't reinstall (things happen) you can search for the drivers online first and download them to another location on the computer. You can then manually install them if need be.

To be honest though, I don't think it would be the drivers. It has me a bit puzzled as it shouldn't do it when on battery only.

Have you checked your power settings for when on battery? Try this...

1. Go to "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".
  2. Click on "Change plan settings", next to the plan you are using.
  3. Now click "Change advanced power settings".
  4. Locate your keyboard in there and check the settings for it. You may also wish to check other settings in there.
  5. When you are done save the changes and reboot (power off and back on) the computer.

See if this makes a difference.

Jan 10, 2020
If you are worried they won't reinstall (things happen) you can search for the drivers online first and download them to another location on the computer. You can then manually install them if need be.

To be honest though, I don't think it would be the drivers. It has me a bit puzzled as it shouldn't do it when on battery only.

Have you checked your power settings for when on battery? Try this...

1. Go to "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".
  2. Click on "Change plan settings", next to the plan you are using.
  3. Now click "Change advanced power settings".
  4. Locate your keyboard in there and check the settings for it. You may also wish to check other settings in there.
  5. When you are done save the changes and reboot (power off and back on) the computer.
See if this makes a difference.
Couldn't really find anything there to ix it :/ not sure about it now, though it still works perfectly while charging.
Thank you for helping me anyways! Appreciate it :)