Lenovo laptop advice.

James0410

Estimable
Aug 3, 2015
Hi,

I'm currently looking to buy a laptop for productivity tasks and light gaming.

My budget is about $1000 USD. I have done quite a lot of looking and found that lenovo offers many laptops in that price point. ( Ideapad, yoga, flex, etc)

Do any of you have some experience with lenovo laptops, are they trustworthy?

Also, alot of pricier models ( with way better specs) often go on sale and I would go for them if possible.

Any other $1000 laptop that you would recommend?, I would be happy to hear about it.

Solution
There are tons of solid choices in that price range, but if you're set on Lenovo, then that's that. Just commenting to say that I have used an Ideapad in the past and it was a very nice laptop. It was one of the midrange ones with a dedicated graphics card, although it wasn't high end. Lenovo also makes probably the most esteemed business laptop line (arguable nowadays maybe, but not in the past) which is the ThinkPad, although you seem more interested in sort of a multi-media computer. I'd take a look at the Y series, some pretty good choices there.

Lutfij

Splendid
You should fill this thread with information requested in this thread. You could get away with gaming grade laptops but then again it also will be something that defines what you do and who you're around. Lenovo's laptops are more sleek/stylish and fit into a corporate environment as well as a casual environment.

James0410

Estimable
Aug 3, 2015

1. $1300 CAD ($1000 USD)
2. 13-14 inch
3. 1080p or more, I am not picky.
4.Portable ( Student)
5. Enough for a day use (8-10 hours)
6.Light gaming ( Puzzles, Lol, CSGO, basic steam games)
7.Photo editing, productivity tasks.
8. At least 500 Gb ( limited Wi-Fi acces to any cloud service) and preferably an ssd.
9.Directly from the manifacturer ( https://canada.lenovo.com/fr/sdwww3/ca/en/ )
10. 3-4 years
11.No optical drive.
12.Lenovo simply for the product choice and free shipping.
13.Canada
14. Need an sd card reader.

rune2h

Proper
May 1, 2018
There are tons of solid choices in that price range, but if you're set on Lenovo, then that's that. Just commenting to say that I have used an Ideapad in the past and it was a very nice laptop. It was one of the midrange ones with a dedicated graphics card, although it wasn't high end. Lenovo also makes probably the most esteemed business laptop line (arguable nowadays maybe, but not in the past) which is the ThinkPad, although you seem more interested in sort of a multi-media computer. I'd take a look at the Y series, some pretty good choices there.

Solution