Lenovo laptop is dead, how do I test to find whats wrong?

nachoi

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
Hi guys, I've been reading the forum for years and now I need help myself.
I have a Lenovo Flex 2 14" S/N WB15534056 that doesn't turn on (100% dead, not even the charging light).
A few days ago this happened, I unplugged the battery, pushed the power button a few times, plugged it again and it worked... until now.
Now it's dead and my battery trick doesn't work, how should I test it?
Things I've tried:
- Replacing the RAM
- Checking the AC power adapter (20.9V)
- Replaced the CMOS battery

Thanks!

nachoi

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016

No, it doesn't.. Same thing :(

nachoi

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016

The jack is fine, I've tested it (measured the voltage on the board). I don't know what else to try

Saga Lout

Olde English
If the CPU is one of the removeable varierty, it's got to be worth reseating it and applying some new thermal paste.

You seem to know your stuff so I'm sure you don't need me to tell you now delicate and risky a process that can be but for the benefit of future readers - don't try this at home, folks!

nachoi

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016

The processor is soldered, I think I will send the motherboard to a repair shop (since I can't get a replacement). Any recommendations?

nachoi

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016

I'm in Miami, USA hahaha

nachoi

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016

hahaha, I know..

The thing is that this laptop was bought in Austria and this specific model doesn't exist in the US.. I already asked an official lenovo repair shop and they told me they can't get the part..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Zubinm Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
U Laptop Tech Support 5
N Laptop Tech Support 1