Lenovo Laptop Malfunction & Warranty Issue

coreyan1234

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017
Hi!
A few days ago my Lenovo laptop stopped functioning properly. I was playing GTA 5 on the lowest settings and the computer suddenly froze. There was a fast and repetitive beeping sound that was coming through the earbuds I was using (There were no previous issues running GTA 5).

I held down the power button until the entire laptop was turned off. I tried rebooting the system, but a light blue screen about system repair appeared; the screen gave me a few options such as resetting or rebooting the machine. I tried the resetting option, which successfully reset the system but froze at 1% during the windows installation process. I ended up turning the computer off again via the power button.

I tried rebooting and resetting multiple times until it finally installed windows successfully. I was prompted with first-time setup questions and was able to sign-in to my laptop. However, I tried clicking on various programs and icons, but they were all unresponsive. After a minute, the computer's screen just turned black; the computer was still turned on and the LED keyboard lights were also still on.

I decided to bring my laptop to a local pc shop to have it diagnosed. Apparently, the technician ran a hard drive test to see if that was the issue issue, but he concluded that the laptop needed a new motherboard, which costs $400 from Lenovo (please note that my warranty expired in July 2017).

I contacted Lenovo's support department and they said that I could purchase their 1-year depot warranty ($100) or their 1-year onsite warranty ($130).

This leads me to my ultimate question: Would I be able to purchase one of Lenovo's warranties and use it to contact them about repairing my already malfunctioning computer? Is this a viable way that I can have Lenovo repair my laptop?

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. Thank you

Laptop:
Lenovo Ideapad Y700-14ISK
Model Name: 80NU
Motherboard Replacement Part #: 5B20K81626

bignastyid

Splendid
MERGED QUESTION
Question from coreyan1234 : "Broken Laptop but NO Warranty... HELP!!"

Likely not, even if you could they would likely want to re-certify/inspect it to verify it's in full working order weed out the frauds that want to warranty something they know is broken.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ruslruslrusl1 Laptop Tech Support 3
Pippin1829 Laptop Tech Support 3
Shadowz21ro Laptop Tech Support 1
MasterLewis Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 1
Lucaskp4 Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 0
FirbossX Laptop Tech Support 0
Psychedelico Laptop Tech Support 4
R Laptop Tech Support 6