Lenovo Laptop will only start up using a recovery method

torandrit

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
My Lenovo Ideapad 400 Touch using Windows 8 recently restarted on its own but instead of rebooting normally it took me to a blue screen with two options for start up, either doing a factory reset or startup using an image file which I could browse and find. Because I had no idea what this image file option was and had never backed up anything to an image file to my knowledge I went with the factory reset and the computer did just that. However, everytime my computer starts up now it go back to this same blue recovery screen with the same two options and I have to start using one of the two. This recovery page is saying something about a 'partition' as well.

torandrit

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
Every time I do a factory reset, everything resets as advertised and the OS comes back. As long as I don't shut down the computer or restart it, it continues to function properly as it always has. However, if the computer needs to be restarted for any reason i.e. new downloads, installs, updates, operator restart etc. it will not reboot normally, instead has to be factory reset or opened with an image file each time.