Jun 15, 2018
Hey, i just bought the legion y720 - laptop 1 day ago. When i tried gaming on the battery (full 100%) i could only play for about 30 minutes, before the battery was dead. I read on the forums, that normally it should be able to play for about 90 minutes..

What i have done:

- NVidia control panel -> Auto Select GPU

- Battery saving options -> High Performance

- Google Chrome set to integrated graphics in NVidia control panel.

My brightness is at 40%

Also, should i play with laptop plugged in, or does it break the battery (i can't take it out)

Jun 15, 2018

But what if i want to play for 2-3 hours ?

Jun 15, 2018

I have tried multiple different games including Fortnite, PUBG and CS:GO

First of all, if the Legion is only 1 day old, you must allow the battery to drain completely and then charge it 100 %. For heavy gaming, you should probably repeat this procedure a couple of times. Lenovo also have a battery gauge app that allows you to calibrate the battery on a regular basis.

Second, the Legion models (520 and 720) have notoriously bad battery life and no matter what you do, you're unlikely to achieve more than 50 - 60 minutes of actual gaming - in this case PUBG. CS:GO should give you a slightly longer run.

And third, yes, you should definitely keep the laptop plugged in when gaming. The battery is only there to power the LED system lights when moving from one conference room to the next. (OK, a mild exaggeration but I'm sure you get the point.)