Solved! Lenovo or Toshiba??

starrgazer

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
I'm going to be buying my 15 yr. old daughter a new laptop. She will be using it to do her homework, social networking (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube), playing The Sims 3 and for downloading music and pics. I'm trying to decide between 2 that both cost $400.00 on sale. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Lenovo Ideapad Z570 1024-3VU
2nd gen. Intel Core i3 processor w/ 4 way multi-tasking 2.1 GHz speed
4 GB Ram
750 GB hard drive
Memory type DDR3 SDRAM
Integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics card

OR

Toshiba Satellite L755-S5256
2nd gen. Intel Core i3-2301M processor w/ 4way multi-tasking 2.1 GHz speed
4GB Ram
640 GB hard drive
memorty type DDR3 SDRAM
Intel HD graphics with 64MG-1969 MB shared memory graphics

They both are 15.6 LED screen and have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit installed. She already has a Toshiba Satellite L305 that has lasted well. I'm going to give that to her grandfather and upgrade her so she can play The Sims 3 on the new one. I'm just a little confused on which will be the best since from my little bit of knowledge, they both seem pretty much the same except for the graphics and hard drive storage. Thank you:)

Solution
I think the Lenovo might have a slim edge in the keyboard 'feel' for a touch typist.
But check the total price, including taxes and shipping. Go with the least expensive option.
Or toss a coin. They're that close IMO.
I think the Lenovo might have a slim edge in the keyboard 'feel' for a touch typist.
But check the total price, including taxes and shipping. Go with the least expensive option.
Or toss a coin. They're that close IMO.

Solution

starrgazer

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011

WR2 thank you very much for clarifying that for me!! :) I was a little confused about the difference and the salesman really couldn't explain the difference either.

starrgazer

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
I'm leaning more towards the Lenovo due to it having a larger hard drive. Like I said, they are exactly the same price and there won't be any s/h to consider since I'm buying it at the store. The graphics confused me but thanks to WR2, I now know that they are the same :) I was just a little apprehensive about the Lenovo brand not being that familiar with it, and from having a good experience with the Toshiba Satellite. I'm thankful for finding this site and for the quick responses to my inquiry! I was having a terrible time trying to research and compare them. Kudos to Tom for having such a great forum! And thank you to all who have given me some GREAT advice! Happy Holidays to each of you!!