Solved! Lenovo T40 Dual Monitor with LG Ultrawide - Resolution drops.

Jun 3, 2021
I have a Lenovo T470 with 2 monitors attached - it works however one of the monitors is a LG Ultrawide. When the only monitor the resolution is 2560, however with both it drops to 1920 hence the font looks wrong.

I am connecting the laptop with a USB C hub with dual HDMI which both support 4k.

I have read I need to use 30 Hz rather than 60 however I can change it for either monitor, it's 59 or 60.

Solution
The monitors are not the same modem? Are you trying to duplicate them or extend it? Check for any updated BIOS and video drivers for the laptop. Is that USB C dock a Lenovo one? If you are trying to extend the screens then you may have a bandwidth issue with the dock you are using or the USB C video output.

To see other refresh rates you can select Show All Modes under the display properties.
I have solved the problem - The T470's usb port isn't powerful enough to support both monitors, one at (LG) 2560 and the other at (AOC) 1920. What I did once use the HDMI port to link one monitor directly to the T470 and then used the USB port connected to a USBC Hub with a HDMI port to the monitor, so all good now apart from it's an...
The monitors are not the same modem? Are you trying to duplicate them or extend it? Check for any updated BIOS and video drivers for the laptop. Is that USB C dock a Lenovo one? If you are trying to extend the screens then you may have a bandwidth issue with the dock you are using or the USB C video output.

To see other refresh rates you can select Show All Modes under the display properties.

Jun 3, 2021

I have solved the problem - The T470's usb port isn't powerful enough to support both monitors, one at (LG) 2560 and the other at (AOC) 1920. What I did once use the HDMI port to link one monitor directly to the T470 and then used the USB port connected to a USBC Hub with a HDMI port to the monitor, so all good now apart from it's an extra cable to unpluf when wanting to move my laptop.

Solution