Lenovo Thinkpad L430 is it worth buying? Are Lenovo Thinkpad Laptops still great quality long lasting lapotps?

Claymoresama

Honorable
May 3, 2013
I am interested in looking into purchasing a Lenovo Thinkpad L430 and I was wondering if you think it's worth it for a college student who spends many hours on a computer doing a variety of tasks. Things to consider are that I use my computer for EVERYTHING and after buying a Sony Vaio for the same price based around the fact that it has an i5 and nothing else I had a realization that I just need a long lasting efficient computer that can surf the web great, watch videos, maybe play basic computer games like MMOs or ROMS but nothing too intensive. Lenovo Thinkpads seem like very well built long lasting computers and I'm glad to see that their site lets you choose Windows 7 instead of the god-awful Windows 8 which is just a repeat of Vista's blunders. I would like a computer that gets the job done well, has great battery life, dont really care too much about size as long as it isnt like 7 or 8lbs, and can handle basic programs and maybe a few intermediate but not graphic intensive programs. Is Lenovo really a good brand I have seen one lenovo in all my life and it wasn't that good at all and I have obviously never owned one and don't know what to expect. All I know is that HP has made great computers for my family for a long time but now they are starting to lose their touch and I don't want to go anywhere near Dell, Acer (Somewhat), or SONY NO FREAKING WAY WILL I EVER GO BACK TO SONY VAIOS ARE SO AWFUL.
I'd appreciate some advice on whether Lenovo is a reliable company or not.
the specs I am looking at on this laptop are as follow

Price : 649.00
After e coupon: 584.10
Processor
Intel Core i3-3110M Processor (3M Cache, 2.30GHz)
-
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
-
Display Type
14.0" HD (1366 x 768) LED Backlit AntiGlare Display, Mobile Broadband Ready
-
System Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000, Mobile Broadband ready
-
Total Memory
4 GB DDR3 - 1600MHz (1 DIMM)
-
Hard Drive
500GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm
-
Optical Device
DVD Recordable
-
Integrated WiFi Wireless LAN Adapters
ThinkPad 1x1 b/g/n
-
Bluetooth
None
-
Warranty
1 Year Depot/Express Warranty
-
Pointing Device
UltraNav without Fingerprint Reader
-
Battery
6 Cell Li-Ion TWL 70+

Hope this helps and thank you to anyone that will take the time to answer my questions.

Claymoresama

Honorable
May 3, 2013

Thank you I was going to ask about that version but at the last moment changed it to the L430 for the price. Do you think its worth changing from the L430 to the T430.