Lenovo v110-15isk caddy size help

alii98

Estimable
Nov 6, 2016
Hi,what is the caddy size for my laptop?i can't measure it(i am bad at it and i can't remove the thing where the optical drive is because moving a screw=bye warranty) and can't find out a site where it specifies

Solution

You can usually check with whoever is selling it.

Also - are you sure? I've never known Lenovo to be hostile to removing screws to look inside. You should re-read the warranty. Plus, IIRC the screws were not placed under any sort of protection (except the back feet, and that's very easy to put back properly) that would've even indicated someone had unscrewed it.

My mother's Lenovo was a 15.6" and I believe we got... it's either a 9 or a 9.5" caddy (only one of those numbers will show up, pick the close one) and it fit...

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012

You can usually check with whoever is selling it.

Also - are you sure? I've never known Lenovo to be hostile to removing screws to look inside. You should re-read the warranty. Plus, IIRC the screws were not placed under any sort of protection (except the back feet, and that's very easy to put back properly) that would've even indicated someone had unscrewed it.

My mother's Lenovo was a 15.6" and I believe we got... it's either a 9 or a 9.5" caddy (only one of those numbers will show up, pick the close one) and it fit just fine. Heads up though: removing the head of the dvd drive for a nice finish was a pain in the ass.

Solution