Lenovo Vibe lagging and most apps using internet stopped working

Jul 12, 2018
Hi, I've had Lenovo Vibe (P1ma40) for more than 2 years, the screen is bit cracked but otherwise it's in a good condition.

Yesterday it suddenly started lagging - basically it lags every few seconds and after a second or two it starts working again. At the same time most of the apps using internet (like Youtube, Gmail and even Google Play) stopped working. I can open them but they just get stuck on the loading screen. Some other apps like Messenger or spotify work fine tho even though they lag and run slow.

I've done all the usual sh*t like restarting phone and wifi, checking if the system is up to date (it is) and cleared cache of all the apps. Nothing helped, so I'm getting a bit desperate. Thanks for the help.

Did you check the device for Bad apps, viruses, malware, etc? It sounds a lot like you have something on the device that is using up your resources and messing with things. Now it could also be your internet connection (for things accessing it) if your carrier/service provider or ISP (if connecting through WiFi) has put limitations on the speed, etc. But other than that I would really suggest checking the phone for the other problems.

You can try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it is slow in there. Granted most apps won't work in there, hence a safer mode to run in and check for problems. However if it runs fine in that mode, then you know there is something on the device needing removal.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Jul 12, 2018

I thought about this possibility as well but I haven't been downloading anything new recently (or installing new apps) and most of my already installed apps are stuff like FB or twitter. I don't download anything suspicious.

I'm pretty sure it's not the internet connection, there're other people connected and they've got no problems. I've tried to turn off wifi and use data (which normally works) but it's completely the same.

I've tried out the safe mode and it still lags so I guess the problem is somewhere else.

Sadly it could be a hardware issue then. You could try a "Hard Reset" of the device, but that will wipe everything. Be sure, no matter what route you go, that you back up all your personal data off the device. Otherwise you risk losing it all if the device dies, gets replaced, gets repaired or you hard reset it.

Jul 12, 2018

Hi, just wanted to update, I did the hard reset to factory settings, it worked for like 5 minutes and then it went back into the lagging mess. I guess I'm getting a new phone then. :D

Jul 14, 2018
sàme issue here.. haha.. it started also a few days ago. i think theres something wrong with the system. or maybe this phone will last up to 2yrs haha.. i bought my phone 2yrs ago.

Jul 14, 2018
Hey try your phone now, everything back to normal in mine hope yours too. I think something just happen at google server cause everything that won't work is connected to google service, but its all good now. Hope it will last