LENOVO X270 Won't Turn On

ediluzio

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
LENOVO X270 WONT TURN ON
Notebook Lenovo X270 Wont turn on, It doesn't power up. When I Plug the power cord, the green led on the power button, blink 3 times, is the only thinks that the notebook is doing.
Somebody have the same problem?
Any possible solution for this?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help

Solution
Unusual, but not completely unheard of. Sometimes components get jarred, etc. and then all of a sudden they start working again. To many options to say what could cause it.
NOTE: Yes, I know some batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. However, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer first.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

If that didn't allow it to start up, then the battery could need replacing, the charger could. It could be the port where the charger connects, or even the motherboard. Without it being looked over, it would be hard to say for certain from here.

If it is under warranty, I would definitely contact the manufacturer.

ediluzio

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, the laptop still under warranty so I sent it.
I thinks is maybe the motherboard, maybe in the next days I will have more information to share with you. Is not many information about this problem on the web.

Note:
I want to share something very strange about this topic.
I have another Lenovo X240 who had exactly the same problem, and suddenly this week the PC wake up.
For any reason, that I don't know until now, I press the power button and the laptop was working.
I thinks this could be the same problem that the X270 have..., but the origin of the problem must be define.