lenovo y40-80 error code question

packersfan036

Estimable
May 27, 2015
weird thing my laptop went into sleep mode I woke up and it seems that the laptop was off I turned it back on I just don't remember turning off. this is a gaming laptop no issues while playing games etc. the error code said the system watchdog timer was triggered and other codes and I believe error 41 it has never blue screened or crashed while under a load playing games seems to run good.

hang-the-9

Titan

Error 41 should be some type of power event, either it lost power, or something did not get enough power and crashed. In higher end systems it's often a failing video card or a power supply issue.

If this happened once, don't worry about it much, but run a benchmark a few times on it to stress the system and make sure it's stable. If it crashes then, you may have a charger or battery issue or possibly a video card issue.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Please use the link below for the complete guide to do a clean install of the GPU.
- http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html
- If doing a clean install will not work, do also change some settings in Power Options.
- Open Power Options then click on Change Plan Settings then Change Advanced Power Settings.
- Expand Hard Disk then set Turn off Hard disk after to NEVER.
- Expand Sleep and set Allow hyrbid sleep to OFF.
- Set Hibernate after to NEVER.
- Do also set Sleep Mode to Never.
- Click Apply and OK then test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Do also make sure that the mouse and keyboard are both set to wake up the laptop.

hang-the-9

Titan

Error 41 should be some type of power event, either it lost power, or something did not get enough power and crashed. In higher end systems it's often a failing video card or a power supply issue.

If this happened once, don't worry about it much, but run a benchmark a few times on it to stress the system and make sure it's stable. If it crashes then, you may have a charger or battery issue or possibly a video card issue.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
shad0walker Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 9
K Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 6
P Laptop Tech Support 7
P Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 5