lenovo y40-80 error code question

packersfan036

Estimable
May 27, 2015
weird thing my laptop went into sleep mode I woke up and it seems that the laptop was off I turned it back on I just don't remember turning off. this is a gaming laptop no issues while playing games etc. the error code said the system watchdog timer was triggered and other codes and I believe error 41 it has never blue screened or crashed while under a load playing games seems to run good.

Solution

Error 41 should be some type of power event, either it lost power, or something did not get enough power and crashed. In higher end systems it's often a failing video card or a power supply issue.

If this happened once, don't worry about it much, but run a benchmark a few times on it to stress the system and make sure it's stable. If it...
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Please use the link below for the complete guide to do a clean install of the GPU.
- http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html
- If doing a clean install will not work, do also change some settings in Power Options.
- Open Power Options then click on Change Plan Settings then Change Advanced Power Settings.
- Expand Hard Disk then set Turn off Hard disk after to NEVER.
- Expand Sleep and set Allow hyrbid sleep to OFF.
- Set Hibernate after to NEVER.
- Do also set Sleep Mode to Never.
- Click Apply and OK then test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Do also make sure that the mouse and keyboard are both set to wake up the laptop.

Error 41 should be some type of power event, either it lost power, or something did not get enough power and crashed. In higher end systems it's often a failing video card or a power supply issue.

If this happened once, don't worry about it much, but run a benchmark a few times on it to stress the system and make sure it's stable. If it crashes then, you may have a charger or battery issue or possibly a video card issue.

Solution