Lenovo Y480 won't start anymore and it's not power-related. Will someone please help me!?

May 20, 2018
Lenovo Y480 all the sudden started running sluggishly. I opened it, cleaned everything in alcohol, and reset the CPU. Now the laptop won't start. I WAS getting led indication, but now I'm not even getting that. Can someone help me?

stdragon

Proper
Apr 5, 2018
You did remove the battery before performing this task, yes? If not, you might have shorted something out.

Remove the battery and attempt to power on with just the AC adapter.

Alternatively: with the battery removed, attempt a CPU re-seat, then connect back to power and attempt again.

May 20, 2018

I have done both. I already reseated the CPU. And I have made attempts without the battery in.

stdragon

Proper
Apr 5, 2018
Are you sure you plugged in the palm-rest ribbon cable properly? Without that, the power button won't do anything.

Edit: looks like there's two ribbon cables attached to the palm-rest cover.

May 20, 2018

I'm fairly sure. I just opened her up and redid it for the fifth time and it made no difference. I put the ribbon cable in as far as I could and snapped it in. Still no effect.

stdragon

Proper
Apr 5, 2018
For both ribbon cables? If so, yeah, I'm out of ideas. Try reinserting the memory modules again. Also, after reconnecting power, try holding down the power button for 10 seconds and see if there's a change in status.

May 20, 2018

Did that.... Didn't work... Gahh.. Thanks for the help man...