Lenovo Y50 and gtx 960m config

JuanitoBanana

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
So the other day i got a new 22" Monitor. I Plugged it into the hdmi from my Y50 and now use 2 displays, using as primary the 22 in monitor (i like big screens)
How do I know if the gtx 960m or the integrated graphics is working on the external display? For example while gaming?
PD: on the nvidia settings , for example for league of legends, it is. Already set up for gtx 960m but I doubted it a bit because while gaming i was experiencing a little bit of fps drop

Thanks in advance

Solution
The Y50 is using Nvida Optimus Technology most likely. How it works is ALL the display outs are connected to the IGPU, then the dGPU is connected to the IGPU. when the dGPU is activated, it sends the frames thru the IGPU to the monitor.

All you need to make sure is that the game profile is set to activate the nvidia high performance processing unit.
The Y50 is using Nvida Optimus Technology most likely. How it works is ALL the display outs are connected to the IGPU, then the dGPU is connected to the IGPU. when the dGPU is activated, it sends the frames thru the IGPU to the monitor.

All you need to make sure is that the game profile is set to activate the nvidia high performance processing unit.

Solution