Lenovo Y500 650m Sli

UCLAco2016

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
My current laptop has intel hd 3000 which is pretty terrible. So I was originally going to build a computer. But since I've been in college I've been going around to peoples rooms playing LoL/GW2, WoW, whatever, and it's fun. Sadly gaming laptops are too expensive for the little performance they give compared to cheaper desktops you can build. But then I found this laptop.

I'm currently at work and can't get on youtube, but I've looked up some 650m benchmarks and they're pretty decent, and I imagine with sli it would be even better. But I can't find a lot of 650m sli benchmarks.

So does anyone know if I'll be able to run GW2, LoL, PS2, future mmos, on at least high with it?

Azn Cracker

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Lol it will rape LoL. haha<<

As for the other two games. I think you could put them on high, but not ultra.
One thing about the y500 in sli is that it has terrible battery life. Expect to only keep it in your room

nexmorbus

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Exactly as Azn Cracker said, the battery life will be horrendous. However if you want to think about making it portable.. check out battdepot.com for your model and see if they make a lithium imide (li-imide) battery for it. I bought a huge 12 cell one for my laptop and its absolutely ridiculous. It holds the charge about 3 times longer than its twin 12 cell lithium ion and its lifetime is a lot larget. Yes it'll kick those games about too.

UCLAco2016

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
We normally have a place to plug in our chargers, but that lithium battery would be helpful regardless.

Anywho, my $800 build I was plan on buying with a 7850/70 can run all those games on ultra and it's $100 cheaper, but this laptop will only be on sale until the 15th...decisions decisions.

Hi :)

I REALLY REALLY wouldn't buy any laptop for GAMING ...I would build that gaming PC....

And i sell BOTH in my shops...

All the best Brett :)