Lenovo y550 enter key popped off

Sapling09

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Recently my enter key has come off. I was playing with is for 2 days if not more and I still haven't managed to get it back. I think that there is something wrong with my plastic mechanism. It is fully functional but it doesn't want to clip back. Here are some screenshots of how does it look like.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5307/jrva.jpg

As far as I can tell, the problem is not the mechanism itself but the fact it doesn't want to hold there, therefore my enter key keeps falling off. I don't have got money to afford to buy a new keyboard and I would like to hear any suggestion to fix this.

I also bought a glue but I am totally unsure if it is a good idea to glue the button there.

mcnumpty23

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
your pictures out of focus so cant see it properly

but usually the mechanism has little bits on the side that have to go under the metal tabs

if those have snapped off you should be able to buy a single key and mechanism cheaply

i get them off ebay for a couple of pounds-- much cheaper than replacing the keyboard

Sapling09

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
What little bits are you talking about ? I have only a hole with has the same size as those metal spikes or what ever it is. Can you post me a screenshot or something so I can see what do you mean ?