lenovo yoga 3 pro 1370, 10 months old, upgraded to W10, installed new drivers, latest BIOS: since a couple of weeks, if I move the screen on any network connection (ethernet or wifi) it freezes. If I disable the Broadcom Network adapter in the device manager everything is fine and can move my screen to tent or tablet mode. Once I enable it boom ! I have seen similar threads where the problem was resolved by reinstalling the network adapter driver, not my case. In fact, I had just restored the system to a January restore point because of a serious booting problem after having installed the latest recommended updates for W10, so I guess this must be somehow connected. Grateful for advice...
But I must say I am totally baffled as I had done all of this before, including downloading and installing both the latest Broadcom adapter driver and bios. However, and I am writing this because others might have faced the same issue, I am posting what exactly happened during the driver removal and re-installation process
1) I uninstalled the driver and also checked the box ‘delete the driver software for this device’
2) I double clicked on the new driver and followed the instructions
3) BUT at a certain point during the re-installation it asked me if I wanted to ‘uninstall’ the driver which I found strange as I had already uninstalled it from the device manager, so I clicked yes and it said ‘uninstall complete’ or something similar
4) Out of curiosity I launched again the installation of new driver, and this time it installed without asking me whether I would uninstall it
5) Rebooted the system, PROBLEM GONE, but keep monitoring and will post back if anything.