lenovo yoga 3 pro 1370 freezing if moving screen on network connection

crazyoga

Commendable
Mar 17, 2016
lenovo yoga 3 pro 1370, 10 months old, upgraded to W10, installed new drivers, latest BIOS: since a couple of weeks, if I move the screen on any network connection (ethernet or wifi) it freezes. If I disable the Broadcom Network adapter in the device manager everything is fine and can move my screen to tent or tablet mode. Once I enable it boom ! I have seen similar threads where the problem was resolved by reinstalling the network adapter driver, not my case. In fact, I had just restored the system to a January restore point because of a serious booting problem after having installed the latest recommended updates for W10, so I guess this must be somehow connected. Grateful for advice...

Solution
my solution was very simple: after all that fiddling around with system updates and drivers, I decided to open up the laptop, re-seated the broadcom card and cables, and it works !!!!
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- First, run Windows Update and install all the updates available.
- If this will not work, uninstall/reinstall the Wifi Adapter of the laptop.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Wifi Adapter.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver from Lenovo's Support site.
- Here's the link: http://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-3-pro-1370-laptop-lenovo/downloads/DS103939
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Do also install the latest BIOS version for your laptop.
- Here's the link: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/a6cn58ww.exe
- If all these will not work I would suggest reinstalling Windows.

crazyoga

Commendable
Mar 17, 2016

softmountain

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015
my solution was very simple: after all that fiddling around with system updates and drivers, I decided to open up the laptop, re-seated the broadcom card and cables, and it works !!!!

Solution

sadmanshams

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016
Hey Guys, I did everything -

First I did all the updates

Then I uninstalled the wifi adapter from device manager

Re-installed it - Just like you said

Updated the BIOS also

But STILL The computer keeps freezing when i tilt the screen, and when I disable the adapter, it works ok, but when enabled, it keeps on freezing.

PLEASE tell me what to do !!
A fresh windows setup i can't do as i don't have the original version of the windows with me (Though the computer has Licensed Windows)