Lenovo yoga audio problem - sound coming from both speakers & headphones

Tarun9

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017
Hello all!

I have a lenovo yoga 710 series 14IKB and was bought around 4-5 months ago. As far as I can remember, I have had issues with audio, mainly when I plug in the headphones in the headphone/microphage side jack, sound plays from both the laptop speakers & headphones. Other than that, all other audio functioning is normal.

Under the sound option, playback devices, I only see speakers (realtek high def audio SST).

Hopefully the question above made sense, thank you.

Solution

Hey! Thank you for the reply.

So I had initially tried that but it still wasn't showing up. Long story short, I looked at the history for the audio drivers, and it seemed like something was missing, so basically I deleted all the audio drivers & re-installed the recommended drivers from the lenovo forums. I guess that was it...
Well to fix the problem you are having seeing only the speakers shouldn't stop the problem from being fixed. However in that same Window, click on the white background and make sure the boxes to show disabled and show hidden devices are checked.

Then, when your headphones are plugged in, right click on the "Speakers" in the "Playback" tab and choose "Disable". You should only hear out of the headphones.

Tarun9

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017

Hey! Thank you for the reply.

So I had initially tried that but it still wasn't showing up. Long story short, I looked at the history for the audio drivers, and it seemed like something was missing, so basically I deleted all the audio drivers & re-installed the recommended drivers from the lenovo forums. I guess that was it, not really sure, but since then the audio is working fine with headphones & without.

Solution

Kara_2

Prominent
May 2, 2017

I'm having the same issue. What are the audio drivers you deleted and reinstalled?

TRENDING THREADS