android version : 6.0.1

Android security patch level: October 1, 2016

kernel version: 3.14.55-x86_64-g27d4792

buildslave@bjws78#1

fri Nov 4 03:50:44 CST 2016

Build number: LenovoYB1-X90F_S000196_161104

Software version: YB1-X90F_S000196_161104

Hardware version: lenovo YB1-X90F

The main problem I'm facing is that the device shuts down after few minutes when screen is turned off i.e. the lid is closed or power button is pressed. There is no exact time that the device will shutdown when screen is turned off but it will itself shutdown in few minutes to half an hour. Then I have to press power button to boot the device and it will boot showing lenovo logo. This happen even the is plenty battery life left. So, its not a battery problem. There is no such heating issues so far.

I tried software update in setting>about device. Firstly I updated it was 352mb. The device rebooted showing android logo and installed the update. But didnt solve the problem. Again I checked the system update instantly, then again there was update which was 798mb. I repeated same process and boot up. Again, I checked the update instantly, again I found the update which was 312mb. I updated around 7-8 times within few hours. It was like playing a download game for me with no positive result.

Please help

Solution
Well there could be something on the device that is the cause (malware, bad app, virus, etc.) or you could have a hardware issue on your hands. Try starting up the device in "Safe Mode" and see if it will work correctly. Granted, in that mode some apps and features will not work, however if it works well, and has no problems, then you know there is something on the device that is the cause. If it still happens while in "Safe Mode" then it is probably hardware and you should have a tech look at it.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it...
Well there could be something on the device that is the cause (malware, bad app, virus, etc.) or you could have a hardware issue on your hands. Try starting up the device in "Safe Mode" and see if it will work correctly. Granted, in that mode some apps and features will not work, however if it works well, and has no problems, then you know there is something on the device that is the cause. If it still happens while in "Safe Mode" then it is probably hardware and you should have a tech look at it.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution

sameep007

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015
Thank you for the quick reply.
But there was no safe mode but recovery mode was present. I tried that but didnt solve the problem.
I again did the system update (which is always new everytime), Now there is a system update which will install Nougat version in my Marshmallow version. I have not installed it yet because there are plenty user complaining about the issues after Nougat update.

May be the company installed Android version after deleting the windows version in that tablet. That might be the cause because it looks like the hibernation rather than shutdown.
Hoping for your suggestion.

If the tablet was supposed to have Windows and now has Android, then there is part of your problem. Typically you can't run one on a device made for the other. I find it really off that it was changed. No good can come of that. I would contact the company, if under warranty still.

Status
Not open for further replies.