Lenovo yoga p500 plugged in , charging BUT NOT CHARGING:-(

Mazulu

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016
Pls someone help me. Am struggling solving my issue with my laptop. It says plugged in charging when actually its not charging. If i remove charger it shuts down. M deperate here. I have tried gking to device manager n all nothing helps. Uninstalling the battery propertied n re installing. I hv disabled n enabled them. No luck. When i check the battery status it says good. When i try gettibg updates it says i hv latest version. Pls note my battery in nonremovable. Help

Solution
If the device will run with the charger, but not the battery alone, it may well need the battery replaced.

Now if it won't charge the battery when turned on, but will charge it when turned off, then it is probably the charger that is the problem.

However, if it won't charge no matter if on or off, we are back to the battery needing replacing.
If the device will run with the charger, but not the battery alone, it may well need the battery replaced.

Now if it won't charge the battery when turned on, but will charge it when turned off, then it is probably the charger that is the problem.

However, if it won't charge no matter if on or off, we are back to the battery needing replacing.

Solution
Feb 22, 2018
Im having the exact same problem. My lenovo yoga 500 registers that the charger is plugged in but does not charge. we thought it was the battery so we replaced it however the problem persists. I cannot use the laptop unless it is plugged in. if the computer shifts slightly, the laptop shuts off. could the connection outlet be a problem? or is the motherboard the problem? I have tested other chargers and the same thing happens. So I have ruled out the battery and the charger.

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
jamikramer04. If you move laptop without battery and it shutdown with only power cable it is usually charger cable or DC jack.
But you already tested different chargers this leaves only DC jack as the problem since you can still run your laptop but moving causes only this.
Do you have a multimeter to test dc jack continuity?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Lenovo-Yoga-500-DC-Jack-Charging-Power-Socket-Connector-Cable-35040162/1470523022

Its not soldered to motherboard so will be easy replacing. There might be two issues however you say battery is not charging even after replacing. After swap dc jack try battery pins of motherboard with multimeter, do you get 10v on pins?