Lenovo Z50-75 won't power on, no LED, no sound

Emcgrew

Estimable
Aug 30, 2015
Hi,

My Lenovo Z50-75 will not turn on when I press the power button.

No lights come on when it is plugged in, or with just the battery, or with the battery while being plugged in. Absolutely nothing happens.

I have tried the power button trick where you unplug it, remove battery, press the power button 10 times, then hold it down for 30 seconds, and still the same issue (no power, no lights, and no sound).

Is there any way to fix this? Is it an issue with the motherboard? Please help me. I would appreciate any advice.

Hi Emcgrew,

Regarding this problem your conclusion might be right that your motherboard has gone bad already but try doing this to as the last test to determine if your motherboard is defective.

Remove the battery of the laptop then plug in the power cord into it then power it on. If it turns on it's just the battery but if not your motherboard is fried already.

metalicgeek

Estimable
Have you tried the laptop without the battery and plugged in? This should send power to the laptop power supply and bypass the battery. Alternatively, have you tried other chargers? Lenovo uses standard 19V laptop chargers, so anything within the same voltage and similar amperage rating will work.

If other chargers work, then your charger is broken. If other chargers do not work, then it's possible that you may have a motherboard problem, especially after you performed the CMOS memory reset procedure and it still failed to work.