Lenovo Z500 not working

Srdjan_90

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
So i got a Lenovo Z500 around 3 years ago and I was super happy with it.
After a bumpy flight recently it started behaving weird. Sometimes it just doesn't react to anything!
It wont turn on, it wont charge when plugged, it looks completely dead. But once I shook it (frustration piled up) it just started up. Now this method is VERY unreliable and I am afraid the laptop might break when I need it the most.
Since its out of warranty I opened it up and look for any lose connections or signs of spark damage, but I couldn't see any. What could cause it to behave like this? The battery is fine, it holds for 4+ hours after all this years of use.
Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance

Solution
If it's not charging when plugged in that points to a bad battery, connector, power plug or motherboard issue. There is pretty much no way you can reliably narrow down the cause without having a tech look over the system or test the system about exactly when it turns on and when it does not.
If it's not charging when plugged in that points to a bad battery, connector, power plug or motherboard issue. There is pretty much no way you can reliably narrow down the cause without having a tech look over the system or test the system about exactly when it turns on and when it does not.

Solution