Lenovo Z51/70 2nd HDD not recognized

dange132

Commendable
Mar 6, 2016
Hi,

I upgraded 1TB HDD to SSD and it works fine. The problem is after I install the origianl HDD to 2nd HDD caddy, windows 10 does not reconize it. When I tried to connect via SATA USB cable, it worked fine (was able to assign a driver letter to the HDD).

So here's my situation.
SSD: All origianl data is migrated (even recoverary D drive) and installed in MB.
HDD: formated and installed via 2nd HDD Caddy.
BIOS: Updated to most recent version (2.00)

In the disk management, it shows as following image: http://imgur.com/3A5f5MJ

I do see the HDD spaces, but nothing appears when I right click these empty volumes.
C and D drives are from the SSD.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks in advanced!

hang-the-9

Titan

The disk is detected but it's not even listed as a blank volume, you can't select it there. If it was seen as a usable disk you would see Disk1 bellow the disk2. If it's in a drive adapter that you have in the optical drive slot that may be the issue.

hang-the-9

Titan
There is nothing in disk manager that shows the second drive, all those partitions are on the new drive.

Did you contact Lenovo support to see if maybe the second port is broken or needs some special setup to read a drive in it in the BIOS?

dange132

Commendable
Mar 6, 2016

Oh, I thought the empty volumes are showing the 1TB HDD that is connected via caddy.
Second port doesn't seem to be broken since it connects CD/DVD ODD just fine, but I will contact Lenovo support to check if there is any special setup that I have to do.

Thank you for your reply!

hang-the-9

Titan

The disk is detected but it's not even listed as a blank volume, you can't select it there. If it was seen as a usable disk you would see Disk1 bellow the disk2. If it's in a drive adapter that you have in the optical drive slot that may be the issue.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Laptop Tech Support 3
H Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
elzorroazul777 Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
ferrarachristian8 Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
im.wak_su Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 6