Lenovo Z51/70 2nd HDD not recognized

dange132

Commendable
Mar 6, 2016
Hi,

I upgraded 1TB HDD to SSD and it works fine. The problem is after I install the origianl HDD to 2nd HDD caddy, windows 10 does not reconize it. When I tried to connect via SATA USB cable, it worked fine (was able to assign a driver letter to the HDD).

So here's my situation.
SSD: All origianl data is migrated (even recoverary D drive) and installed in MB.
HDD: formated and installed via 2nd HDD Caddy.
BIOS: Updated to most recent version (2.00)

In the disk management, it shows as following image: http://imgur.com/3A5f5MJ

I do see the HDD spaces, but nothing appears when I right click these empty volumes.
C and D drives are from the SSD.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks in advanced!

Solution

The disk is detected but it's not even listed as a blank volume, you can't select it there. If it was seen as a usable disk you would see Disk1 bellow the disk2. If it's in a drive adapter that you have in...

dange132

Commendable
Mar 6, 2016

Oh, I thought the empty volumes are showing the 1TB HDD that is connected via caddy.
Second port doesn't seem to be broken since it connects CD/DVD ODD just fine, but I will contact Lenovo support to check if there is any special setup that I have to do.

Thank you for your reply!

The disk is detected but it's not even listed as a blank volume, you can't select it there. If it was seen as a usable disk you would see Disk1 bellow the disk2. If it's in a drive adapter that you have in the optical drive slot that may be the issue.

Solution