Lenovo Z51-70 - 80K6002QUS or HP Envy - 15t Slim Quad Laptop?

Eavon

Estimable
Jun 3, 2015
I've been looking for some systems for a few days now, and I've narrowed it down to these two, since my budget is in the $700 - $1000 range. In all, I'm not 100% sure what I should get, but I need to act fast before that Lenovo goes back to it's original pricing. I'm looking at these systems for minor gaming, such as League of Legends, Minecraft, Movies, and maybe some minor coding, etc. (I don't care if it has an optical drive.) -- I would like to know which one would give me the most 'bang for my buck.' Thanks!

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-envy---15t-slim-quad-laptop-l6e55av-1

ATM with the 1920x1080 Resolution screen, the price is $950

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/z-series/z51/

ATM with the Black Week Deal the price is $829

I'm not very good at comparing specs, to see with is better. But I'm thinking they're about equal. Which one do you suggest?

Solution
Hello Eavon

I would recommend Lenovo Z51 because of 5th Generation Intel i7 Processor and an additional SSD that it has.

All the other hardware specs offered by Lenovo Z51 are almost identical to HP Envy, except for the NVIDIA GeForce graphics card that the latter has.

That being said, if you are not a heavy gamer, Lenovo Z51 would be something as they say 'Cheap and Best' for you.

Good Luck!!
Hello Eavon

I would recommend Lenovo Z51 because of 5th Generation Intel i7 Processor and an additional SSD that it has.

All the other hardware specs offered by Lenovo Z51 are almost identical to HP Envy, except for the NVIDIA GeForce graphics card that the latter has.

That being said, if you are not a heavy gamer, Lenovo Z51 would be something as they say 'Cheap and Best' for you.

Good Luck!!

Solution

NEEL ROHIT

Estimable
Jun 24, 2015
I also have been into dilemma for which one to take...All you got better in Hp envy is the 3 year waranty and a very minute difference of NVIDIA. But you need to pay the cost too for it.Morover,past experiences state clearly that HP has heating issues in their high performance laptops.That means even 6 cell battery would drain equivalent to 4 cell of lenovo.Lenovo has better cooling systems..Hence,I will be purchasing LENOVO Z51-70

jobot7

Estimable
Aug 9, 2015

How is it? Does it run most games 60 fps?