Lenovo z510 doesnt start. No fan. But indicators are active.

Gor37

Commendable
May 20, 2016
Hello, month ago i shorted my motherboard and bought a new one. So i put it in my system everything went normal first 5 days, and once my display freezed white colored and laptop completely shuts down in 3-5 seconds. Later i could not turn it on even if it charged battery and i had all the indicators. Fan did not begin as well. I reseated rams, no result. And went to sleep very sad. But in the morning i pushed button and it booted as nothing happened, i used it like 7 hours and it again freezed the same way, white and shifted picture display symptomes and it did not boot again . So i waited 5 hours and it boot up again. But very soon freezed again. What can be the problem? Please help me

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work, do test the AC adapter if it's working properly. Remove the battery and power the laptop with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up or not. do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if trying a different AC adapter will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If there's a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that means the problem lies in the motherboard.

Gor37

Commendable
May 20, 2016
I tried all but not display. But i am sure it is not problem of display. Because if i leave laptop 5 hours and try to boot up it works and i can use it for several hours but later it will freeze again and will not boot at all. And i should give rest again like 5 hours.

ip_1_me

Commendable
May 23, 2016

I have the same problem with a lenovo z500. Once booted, i tried to make a refresh of windows, but still the same problem, but with the original motherboard, no hardware change.

Did you find any solution?

best regards