Lenovo Z570 Ideapad Windows 7 boots to black screen

coolguy091458

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
Hello everyone. :) First time posting on this forum, although I frequently lurk posts that I find interesting or helpful. Recently my Lenovo Z570 laptop has not been booting. When I turn on the computer, it displays the "Lenovo" screen, followed by black screen. After awhile, there is a Windows recovery error screen with two options (1. Start disk recovery [forgot exact wording] or 2. start normally). Both starting normally and completing the disk recovery leads to a black screen (no cursor). Is my laptop dying or can I fix this? Here is what I have tried so far:

1. Pressing F2 to restore defaults (did nothing, still black screen)
2. Starting in Safe mode (did nothing, still black screen)
3. Removing the battery and charger, pressing the power button for 30 seconds then plugging the charger back in and turning it on (did nothing, still black screen)

Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you!

Solution
Hi,

Run some test first with your HDD inside BIOS. There's SMART TEST where it would test the HDD. Once done and it passed I suggest formatting your laptop using a Recovery Disk normally you'll get it together with the laptop but you can also order one from Lenovo.

To run the SMART TEST in BIOS
- Use your arrow keys to select a recognized HDD and press Enter
- Select SMART Support and press Enter
- Select Smart Extended Self for a full scan of your HDD then press Enter to start the test.
Hi,

Run some test first with your HDD inside BIOS. There's SMART TEST where it would test the HDD. Once done and it passed I suggest formatting your laptop using a Recovery Disk normally you'll get it together with the laptop but you can also order one from Lenovo.

To run the SMART TEST in BIOS
- Use your arrow keys to select a recognized HDD and press Enter
- Select SMART Support and press Enter
- Select Smart Extended Self for a full scan of your HDD then press Enter to start the test.

Solution