Lenovo Z580 Wifi Connectivity Issue and BIOS

karan_sachy7

Prominent
May 3, 2017
My laptop had Windows 7 Home Basic initially.When i updated it Windows 8.1 pro, I faced some issues like i was unable to change Brightness, Wifi connectivity issue. Some of the drivers did not work properly.Now i have downgraded my system to Windows 7 ultimate.I am still facing Wifi issue, it connects but after sometime exclamation sign comes up, and when i troubleshoot it hangs, and has to be switched off using power button. and one more issue..is BIOS.The driver I installed from Lenovo official driver section created problem at booting time and showed "A recent hardware or software change might have installed a disc that is signed incorrectly or damaged". And i was unable to start windows.Then i changed boot up type to Legacy.Then it started fine.But now that statement doesn't show up "Press F12 to enter Boot menu".
Please help me with both of these issues...I have tried everything and have wasted alot of time.Its been months.There must be a solution.

Lutfij

Splendid
Could you please state where you managed/sourced your copy's of Windows OS for both Windows 7 Basic+Ultimate and Windows 8.1 Pro? Likewise, can you please state the make and model of your Lenovo Laptop? It'd help us locate the right drivers for your unit.

karan_sachy7

Prominent
May 3, 2017

My laptop model is Lenovo Ideapad Z580
Model name: 20135
My friend installed the windows 7 ultimate, I dont know the source
When i purchased it, It came up with Windows 7 Home Basic OA India.

captaincharisma

Distinguished

sounds like they installed a pirated version of windows 7 because no one really no one gets the ultimite edition of windows 7 and if your friend knew what they were doing they would have installed home basic back on it so you would be running a genuine version of windows 7 again

karan_sachy7

Prominent
May 3, 2017

I think windows is genuine, there is some other issue