legendaryc4

Estimable
Jul 19, 2014
Hello everyone I have a HP Probook 4520s that I got. When I plug it in with the charger (not the right charger its a 65w but I need a 90w) I get a indicator that was orange saying it was charging I guess. Every 5 or 10 secs it would blink white and attempt to power on but when it trys to power on the power button lights up and the internet button lights up for half a sec and then cuts off. Then it changes back to orange and repeats. After a while of charging the orange light turned white. The white every 5 secs would go off and then return to white. I would attempt to turn it on nothing would happen rather than the power button lighting up and then cutting off in under a second. After awhile the white indicator completely went off for good. When I plug in the laptop I have no indication.... When I attempt to power it on, same thing happens. If I hold the power button for about 10 secs without the charger plugged in the power button turns white for around 5 secs (monitor does not come on) then power button cuts off. I opened up the laptop and the only thing I could see that was wrong was there was no hard drive. (That's all I realized, I'm new to opening laptops but very experienced at desktops.) What is wrong with my laptop? It has a i3 and 2gbs of ram that I'm willing to upgrade if I can get it too work... I just want to watch YouTube on this laptop. My father got me this laptop from his job for free, so why not try to get it to work?

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug its AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try to boot it back up.
- Next is to try to boot the laptop without its battery and see if it will boot up.
- If these doesn't work do reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly into each slot.
- If you have another AC adapter do try it and see if it will boot up.
- If all these will not work the problem would be the motherboard.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug its AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try to boot it back up.
- Next is to try to boot the laptop without its battery and see if it will boot up.
- If these doesn't work do reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly into each slot.
- If you have another AC adapter do try it and see if it will boot up.
- If all these will not work the problem would be the motherboard.

Solution