LG 65UJ6300 network adapter or processor crap?

KublaiKhan

Estimable
May 24, 2015
I assume a low-powered processor inside this TV makes web browsing and Internet access possible, along with some sort of network adapter.

Every other device in the house enjoys better wireless connectivity than this TV. The TV has occasional lockups while watching Netflix or Amazon Prime programming. And while we can access the web, streaming WWW content is a waste of time dominated by buffering and blurry content.

Now, I certainly could use a new router. But every other device in the house has better wifi, even devices farther away from the router. The kitchen microwave stops streaming services dead in their tracks. This has me thinking that either the built-in wireless adapter is trash, the processor is painfully under powered, or both.

Are smart TVs generally known for having wireless connectivity issues?

I imagine that streaming and surfing via a Roku, Fire Stick, or disc player may very well avoid whatever shortcomings this TV has. Would that be correct? We've always had good luck when streaming was managed by a game console.

Connecting directly to the router via Ethernet would require having someone with more experience than myself set it up, running cables to every room, adding outlets, and so on.

Solution
If every other device in the home has no issues then yes, the chances are you're looking at a (relatively) poor wireless adapter...... or too many obstructions between the router and the TV's receiver etc.

As for sluggish processing ..... "smart" TVs generally suffer from this anyway. LG use a proprietary(ish) OS to try to lighten the load on the hardware somewhat..... with varying degrees of success AFAIK.
They utilize pretty basic hardware, and the info on what they're using specifically is not generally readily available.

While yes, you could use a Roku or FireStick etc....... I'd actually suggest you return the unit. I believe that's the 2017 refresh of the model, and within the first year of ownership, these are not issues...
If every other device in the home has no issues then yes, the chances are you're looking at a (relatively) poor wireless adapter...... or too many obstructions between the router and the TV's receiver etc.

As for sluggish processing ..... "smart" TVs generally suffer from this anyway. LG use a proprietary(ish) OS to try to lighten the load on the hardware somewhat..... with varying degrees of success AFAIK.
They utilize pretty basic hardware, and the info on what they're using specifically is not generally readily available.

While yes, you could use a Roku or FireStick etc....... I'd actually suggest you return the unit. I believe that's the 2017 refresh of the model, and within the first year of ownership, these are not issues you should have to address. I'd speak to LG and explain the TV does not appear to be "fit for purpose" - you may simply have got a defective unit.

Solution