LG Bootloop - SD Card Error

rashadg77

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
I had a LG V10 that boot looped (stuck in booting phase) on me so I replaced it with the LG V20. I removed and replaced the sd card from the V10 over to the V20 and all of my files are on the card still but I cant load any photos or play any music on the card. The card is stll showing the same amount of data on it space wise. I took out the sd card and placed it in my laptop but I still cant load any of the files. Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?

Also, I have tried using the "chkdsk" in the cmd prompt to scan and repair it but it showed no bad files...

If the card was set as "Internal" storage on the original phone, it shouldn't work on the new phone unless you turned it back to "External" storage before changing it over. When the card is made "Internal" storage it is formatted and then encoded to that device. Making it not work with other devices/unable to read the data in that state.

It is set up that way so that you can't just pull someones SD card, pop it into a device and read all the data that is on it. If you want to save the data on it, you are going to need the original phone. Put the card back into it, connect the phone via USB to a computer and copy all your personal data over to a folder on the computer.

Move any apps over to the phone, if you don't want to lose them, off the card and then turn the card back to "External" storage.

Now you should be able to put the card in the new phone and use it. You can copy the data from the computer over to the new phone or the SD card in the new phone, via USB cord connection. The Apps, you can't move over.

rashadg77

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016

Well I had it set to sd External and I would just move over downloads etc. that saved to the internal storage over to sd storage. The phone is pretty much toasted, it wont cut on at all, its stuck on the LG Booting screen. There was an issue with the LG phone overheating and it affects the soldering of the motherboard resulting in a forever booting sequence that won't allow the phone to turn on.