LG Fortune, photo's combine from PC, and phone, folders how to

tnjmorton

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018
I have been wanting to set up my photos nice and neat I have photos from Google photos, Gallery and Drive plus I want to download pics from PC to phone . I tried tagging all photos worked on Google photos but Gallery nah..how do I combine them into sections like pets, grandkids, brother daughter. I'm desperate and don't know what I'm doing

Solution
If you want to make folders, the simplest way is to connect the device to a computer via USB cord. Then move all the files over to an empty folder on the computer. This will mean there will be none on the device while you are doing this. They will all be on the computer.

Create all the folders you want, and name them as you wish, on the computer. Then put the images into the folders you wish them all to be in. You can also rename the images to whatever you wish.

Once you are done sorting it all, you can then, via the same USB cord connection, copy the folders and their contents back over to the phone, or to its SD card. Which ever you prefer. I say copy because it is smart to leave a backup on the computer so you don't lose the...
Well first, this has nothing to do with the SD card. So having one or not wouldn't matter for tagging an image. Also, the image you tag will only be usable/viewable from the phone. No one else will see the tagging info, not even if you share the photo. So keep that in mind.

To make sure that your phone's option (if it has it) to tag a photo is enabled....

1. Open you phone's "Gallery" app.
2. Now tap the Gallery app's "Menu" and then tap "Settings".
3. Find and tap the "Face tag" option to turn it on

Once you have turned this option on, use the following to tag images...

1. Open you phone's "Gallery" app.
2. Tap and hold a photo you want to tag, until you see a blue box.
3. Move the box around the image until it is covering the face you want to tag.
4. You can also resize the box.
5. Now tap "Save".
6. You will now be prompted to locate the contact to be used for the tag (or to create a new one).
7. If it already exists, tap the contact, if it doesn't, "Save" the info after you have enterd it.

NOTE: This will add the contacts info to your contact list as well.

Once the photo is tagged, the tag will appear whenever you view, and tap, the photo.

tnjmorton

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018
does not work how do I make a folder for like cat pics grandkids, etc without making duplicates I've already made that mistake I don't have to tag each photo but would like to separate.

If you want to make folders, the simplest way is to connect the device to a computer via USB cord. Then move all the files over to an empty folder on the computer. This will mean there will be none on the device while you are doing this. They will all be on the computer.

Create all the folders you want, and name them as you wish, on the computer. Then put the images into the folders you wish them all to be in. You can also rename the images to whatever you wish.

Once you are done sorting it all, you can then, via the same USB cord connection, copy the folders and their contents back over to the phone, or to its SD card. Which ever you prefer. I say copy because it is smart to leave a backup on the computer so you don't lose the images, however it isn't required. Once done, disconnect from

Now since you said the images are already on the computer, you should be able to skip the move to phone part, organize them on the computer and then move over to the phone with the above instructions. Just make sure they are not on the phone at all when you do this, or it will again create doubles.

Solution