LG G4 Battery problem

AnonWingstar

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016
As of this morning (october 12, 2016) my phone battery hasn't been charging consostently. When powered on with the screen off it took roughly 90 minutes to charge 30%. Normally it would only take 20-30 minutes. When completely shut down though, it charges as it usually does (takes 2 hours to fully charge). I have no idea what to do about it.

I am using an LG G4.

Solution
It should take longer for a battery to charge. However, as a battery starts to go bad, it holds less and less of a charge, so it can actually seem to take less time to charge, but it is only doing that because it is charging less of the battery.

So, in such a case, you would need a new battery.

That said, it is also possible that, if you are charging the phone while it is on, that something running on the phone is draining the battery faster, so it is harder to charge.

Try charging it when it is turned off and see if it charges a lot faster. If it does, I would be looking at what is running on the device that is draining the power.
It should take longer for a battery to charge. However, as a battery starts to go bad, it holds less and less of a charge, so it can actually seem to take less time to charge, but it is only doing that because it is charging less of the battery.

So, in such a case, you would need a new battery.

That said, it is also possible that, if you are charging the phone while it is on, that something running on the phone is draining the battery faster, so it is harder to charge.

Try charging it when it is turned off and see if it charges a lot faster. If it does, I would be looking at what is running on the device that is draining the power.

Solution

AnonWingstar

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016
Webworkings- Nonono, the battery is supposed to charge fast. When shut down it charges normal, when on, not in use, it takes a long time to charge. I'm not having the problem now, might've been a game I'd downloaded, I deleted a few games I didn't play anymore to free up some storage and it seems to have fixed itself. Thank you for the advice thougn. I wouldn't need a new battery, I haven't even had the for for a year. You never knkw though.