Solved! LG G7 One: can I connect to my TV sans wifi?

Dec 2, 2019
Hi guys,
Title says it all really. I'm trying to find a way to mirror or cast to my TV without WiFi. HDMI connection and Miracast seem to be disabled on the G7 One, any other ideas?
Cheers!

Solution
To connect via Miracast... (you do need WiFi for this)...
  1. You need a TV that supports Miracast. Not all TVs do.
  2. The phone, unless locked through your carrier from doing so, should support it.
  3. Make sure both the TV or other device and the phone are connected to the same WiFi.
  4. Go into "Settings" then "Connected Device", "Screen Sharing" and set it to on.
  5. Now select the TV or device you are trying to connect to.
NOTE: If the TV doesn't support it, then you will need an additional device that does. Roku, Amazon Fire TV box or stick, etc.

Now to connect via cable/wired connection... (which should also work on your phone)...
  1. You will need a MHL adapter that is compatible with the phone.
  2. Once obtained, connect...
To connect via Miracast... (you do need WiFi for this)...
  1. You need a TV that supports Miracast. Not all TVs do.
  2. The phone, unless locked through your carrier from doing so, should support it.
  3. Make sure both the TV or other device and the phone are connected to the same WiFi.
  4. Go into "Settings" then "Connected Device", "Screen Sharing" and set it to on.
  5. Now select the TV or device you are trying to connect to.
NOTE: If the TV doesn't support it, then you will need an additional device that does. Roku, Amazon Fire TV box or stick, etc.

Now to connect via cable/wired connection... (which should also work on your phone)...
  1. You will need a MHL adapter that is compatible with the phone.
  2. Once obtained, connect the adapter to the phone.
  3. Make sure you connect to a power source.
  4. Connect the adapter to the HDMI port on the TV using an HDMI cable.
  5. Now you need to set the TV to display video from the HDMI port you are connected to.
To be honest, without WiFi or a physical cable connection, I don't believe you can do so on just data. It would drastically eat up the data. And even if you had an unlimited data phone, it would be quickly changed to a much lower speed due to high usage.

Solution