LG Launching Optimus 3D Max at MWC 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
3D phones....
I can see very realistic car "accidents" in the near future.

damn! why we can't simply edit our comments?

rakesh_toms

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Commom LG! Why you never get it right? A phone with 6 months old hardware and 3D gimmicks! I guess another fail. Everyone is getting excited about quad core phones and 720p displays.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
drwho: I laugh in your general direction sir :p that being said, must be hard to add an "edit" button....right? It has to be hard or they would already done it, don't expect innovations like an edit button, who do you think TH is? Google or IBM? Sheesh give them a break :(

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
Seriously, cut them some slack...not much...just a wee little bit. I've learned that with the phone thing is not that easy on the OEMs. Oftentimes, the phones we're seeing now were put to the drawing board 8-12 months ago. So the manufacturers had to guess what's going to be hot 8-12 months in the future. Sometimes they get that right (Nexus, Razr) and sometimes they don't (this 3D whatever-it-is). However, the Razr Maxx shows us how quickly they can revise an existing handset and push it out.

epdm2be

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
Perhaps this is what really ought to happen. 'Upgrade' excisisting models, keep the (exterior) design. E.g. keep de design o/t LG 3D while simply soup up the hardware a bit. Because in essence they have now created a 'new' model which is no more than that.

The same with e.g. the Nokia N8. This phone is good as it is. Just add a higher clocked CPU and more RAM and re-deploy that model. Or a HTC Desire (II) with Dual core but the same (very good) design. No need to change the other parts just a better CPU, more ram and some improved comms-tech (HSDPA+, or LTE). Keep the 3,7" screen, keep the camera (but use a decent lens for instance), for all I care keep the optical mouse and hard-buttons. They were good. And today you can put a better battery in that thicker form factor.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]rebel1280[/nom]drwho: I laugh in your general direction sir that being said, must be hard to add an "edit" button....right? It has to be hard or they would already done it, don't expect innovations like an edit button, who do you think TH is? Google or IBM? Sheesh give them a break[/citation]

This is a TECH website, I would think that there are TECH savvy people behind it.

Then, to top it off, we CAN edit comments while on the FORUMS, but we can't edit comments while on the NEWS?

So you are saying that Tom's knows how to add an edit button for the forums but "don't know"
how to add the SAME function for the News section?

That's odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.