LG Reveals World's Thinnest LCD TV, Again

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
my God... how much must LCD tech have stalled for Thinness to be the only notable advances lately... even more worrying is people who would care more about this than picture quality improvements

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
What would be great is if these new TVs could be wireless. That would make wall mounting much easier. I don't see that happening even if they had the tech because Hollywood would freak about loss of control.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]HVDynamo[/nom]Enough with the Crysis comments already, the joke is DEAD! Find something new.[/citation]
Can it play ARMA2?....

For those that have seen the benches, you need a monster of a rig to run it due to poor coding.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]HVDynamo[/nom]Enough with the Crysis comments already, the joke is DEAD! Find something new.[/citation]

its not so much dead, more it has mutated into more of a practical joke.
i.e. seeing people get pissed off at it is funny. to some people...

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
[citation][nom]jjkthx[/nom]but can it play crysis?[/citation]

What about the Will it blend? joke.

Seriously, I bet the will it blend guy can make one hell of a day with his blender and this TV.

It is surely thin. A couple ofcommenters here are right to say that we could prefer more advanced and better features over an anorexic TV. So what's the deal with the my-tv-on-diet competition? I think the point being proven is smaller components and smaller manufacturing processes. It shows off that certain companies have a more full featured manufacturing line. I mean, look at how thin it is, it is a result of an overall manufacturing process.

Again it is just my opinion, I just don't know too much about things like this, so someone with some experience with this is very welcomed to enlighten me on more objective points.

ashrafpasha

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
awesome.. that's why i say.. there must be more than just Microsoft and apple in the PC market.. more competition more innovation.. happy end users.. wealthy manufacturers...

santeana

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2003
thanks, but i'll hang onto my plasma panel and enjoy actual quality for now until the OLED tv's are affordable and sizes are nice and big.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]logitic[/nom]I am confused...Why is this TV coming out when it will just be cheaper to buy an LED at the same thickness?[/citation]

see, this is why samsung calling their TVs LED tvs was considered false advertising in the UK.

this IS an 'LED TV' its LCD with LED back lighting, just like Samsung's 'LED TVs'

I fail to see how OLED tvs at 42" will be anywhere near the same price even in 5 years time, so I can only assume you aren't talking about them.

BartG

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
who cares about thickness, get rid of those borders! and maybe, make a TV that really is 16:9 so I dont get those bloody black lines every DVD I watch.

Thicker, and border-less, now thats a TV I want

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Does a TV really need ot be that tin?

What about the mounts or a base, those won't be razor thin.

The Samsung LED TV is already very sin - all the HDMI / RCA inputs are facing sideways in order to keep the panel thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS