Solved! LG Smart TV and wireless TV speaker. No sound coming out when fully charged.

als.jen.jen

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
I purchased a Sharper Image wireless TV speaker to hook up to our LG Smart TV. I had already returned two other wireless TV speakers before this purchase because one stopped working after a few weeks and the other stopped working after a few days. Obviously there is something either interfering with this setup or something needs to be changed in the LG TV audio output? We are ready to give up and return this third purchase unless we can find some help. This is a wireless speaker needed for a hard of hearing person and when they work they are fantastic! We do have cable TV with an HD router hooked up to same TV. Thanks for any help you can give us!

Solution
If there were something wrong with the LG TV settings you would not get the speakers to work at all unless for some reason those setting are changing themselves.
There might be an interference issue with bluetooth. If the TV has a built in bluetooth transmitter then it might not be very good. You could connect a bluetooth transmitter to the cable box directly.
You could also try a non bluetooth speaker
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pyle-PTVSP18-Wireless-TV-Speaker-Transmitter-Receiver-Comfort-Hearing-System-/182883389879
If there were something wrong with the LG TV settings you would not get the speakers to work at all unless for some reason those setting are changing themselves.
There might be an interference issue with bluetooth. If the TV has a built in bluetooth transmitter then it might not be very good. You could connect a bluetooth transmitter to the cable box directly.
You could also try a non bluetooth speaker
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pyle-PTVSP18-Wireless-TV-Speaker-Transmitter-Receiver-Comfort-Hearing-System-/182883389879

Solution

als.jen.jen

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
Thank you so much for your answer. We figured there might be some sort of interference but didn't know what that interference could be! I am going to work on this and I will be sure to answer back when we test both of these options!

als.jen.jen

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017

als.jen.jen

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
Thanks for your help. We tried everything suggested and still cannot get the Sharper Image Wireless Speaker to even start up. This will be our third return of the wireless speaker devices.