lg smart tv why won't cable work after plugging 22nd hdmi cable into blu ray player

crystalburts

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
Got another hdmi cable so I can plug my cable box and blu ray player in at the same time. Since I plugged the 2nd cable in and watched a movie on the blu ray player when I switch bck to the cable box it's a distorted screen with lines all the way thru it.

Solution
Should easily clear up turning tv off 2 mins then turn it on prior to turning on device being attached when switching devices to clear.tv memory of said device.
Look into HDMI port with flashlight to see bent pins. Hold up gently and hold then diwnwards when signal is poor to see if HDMI to motherboard connector is loose from misuse. Any signs of change at all??
Just considering you bumped or forced too much and loose connector now for example.
People. Get cheap surge protectors for your expensive equipment, tvs especially and computer towers. Electricky spikes are common especially foreign
You can try selecting the input that the cable box is hooked to and then turning the cable box on. When two devices are connected via HDMI they look for each other to "handshake". The order that devices are turned on affect this.
I would also try connecting the cable box to the same HDMI input that worked for the BD player to check that the cable box works there.

Aug 27, 2014
Should easily clear up turning tv off 2 mins then turn it on prior to turning on device being attached when switching devices to clear.tv memory of said device.
Look into HDMI port with flashlight to see bent pins. Hold up gently and hold then diwnwards when signal is poor to see if HDMI to motherboard connector is loose from misuse. Any signs of change at all??
Just considering you bumped or forced too much and loose connector now for example.
People. Get cheap surge protectors for your expensive equipment, tvs especially and computer towers. Electricky spikes are common especially foreign

Solution