LG to Ship Windows Phone 7 Device in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Never owned a phone with a M$ OS, just how much memory do I need for updates and cannot wait for the new round of commercials between Iphone and this.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
They've got quite a few companies signed on as Windows Phone 7 partners. Wondering what the companies are thinking. Is it really that good or just a way to generate additional revenue.

G

microsoft for pocket pc's are quite good. I like win mobile better than symbian. on xda-developers you can get many winmobile modifications. My old windows mobile was originally with winmobile 5.0 but I can run modified win mobile 6.5 without problems ;-)

G

HTC + WIN7 in a phone? Sign me up. iPhones will still be usable as hatweights.

cekasone

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
At&t contract is done in September and I can finally get rid of my iPhone. Does anyone know if Phone 7 will be able to view other user's calendars in Exchange. The iPhone doesn't do it nor does previous versions of Windows Mobile. Phone 7 and Exchange 2010 could be very nice.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Ill be looking for a Win7 phone as soon as it comes out on Sprint network, just not at LG phone.

After my problems with the Rumor Ill never own another LG phone again. Damn thing shuts off randomly for no reason all the time. Well known issue with thousands of people and LG openly says nothing is wrong and refuses to address problem.

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Hatweight[/nom]HTC + WIN7 in a phone? Sign me up. iPhones will still be usable as hatweights.[/citation]

You mean windows phone 7 right?

It is totally different from windows 7.

=]

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I really hope Verizon has some good WP7 phones with decent prices. I'm leaning toward HTC, they seem to be on a role recently with smart phones.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
On a side note, I really hope the companies making WP7 phones start implementing a universal USB charge/connection. I hate having to carry around my proprietary Samsung charger for my current phone.

Any word on this front? I assume for the phone to sync with the Desktop computer (for Zune and stuff) all the phones will have to have USB ports, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.