LG Wants Sale of PS3 Consoles Blocked in U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

azconnie

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
I am of the notion that if patents were actually violated, they would have sued long ago. Somebody just wan'ts some money. But at the end of the day, I don't care PC FTW!

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
I own both a PS3 and LG 47" LED HDTV for both console gaming. My next HDTV purchase will be a 3D purchase and Sony, LG, and Samsung are pretty much what I'll be choosing from.

I think I'll tell both Sony and LG to go F themselves and buy a Samsung HDTV to match the three Samsung LCD monitors I use for PC gaming. Let the children have their spat by themselves on the government playground of patents.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
doesnt LG know that if they block PS3 sales in the US a big ruccuss will form, people will know that LG is at fault for the ban, and the news will spread that LG is the bad guy, and people will start hating LG and not buy their products. Thats basic common sense.

bpislife

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
I use your patents, you use mine and we all get along. Seems like an awful waste of money on both sides. Since both aren't american companies, let them pay all the court fees an US lawyers all they want and help jump start the american economy. :)

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
I love how patents can be created for simplistic methods to do something, as if no one else on this entire planet would ever come up with the same method them fuc***** selves...patents should be saved for ACTUAL inventions, not god damned methods ffs...I should patent the precise method on how I prepare my hamburgers, then sue anyone who puts on the same toppings.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]the associate[/nom]I love how patents can be created for simplistic methods to do something, as if no one else on this entire planet would ever come up with the same method them fuc***** selves...patents should be saved for ACTUAL inventions, not god damned methods ffs...I should patent the precise method on how I prepare my hamburgers, then sue anyone who puts on the same toppings.[/citation]

Someone already claim that she owned the Moon, asking people for money, and "strange" enough that someone really paid her for it.

so patents are nothing. Really nothing.

G

Stop PS3 sales? How can you stop something that doesn't exist?

bsbsbsbs

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
LG: I'll raise your patents by $5. SONY: I'll reraise your patents by $10! etc etc etc until you get to 1 bazillion kachinkas. W.G.A.S!

digitalvampire

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
...and LG has just made it's way onto my "Do not buy products from ..." list. Before any of you point this out, Sony has been on there a couple of times as well. :) ...

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Well, Rambus sells memory to Sony, so where there's a connection to Rambus, there's going to be some sort of litigation. I'm surprised Rambus hasn't sued LG for using memory of some sort in their phones, and then sued the ITC, just because they're there, and Rambus has proven very innovative in suing companies or organizations previously thought of as outside the reach of this type of litigation. Rambus can than patent this type of legal action, and sue other companies attempting to sue organizations like the EU, NASA, and the U.S. House of Representatives.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]adamboy64[/nom].. I don't get it.[/citation]
its a lame joke, hes not funny.

anyways this patenting is ridiculous... we need a new patent system... too bad that will probably never come.

Anyways im happy with samsung!

Status
Not open for further replies.